On Monday, December 14, 2020 7:00:39 PM WET Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> I hadn't considered this case. It will also occur, of course, with footnotes
> and, indeed, every kind of inset. I can't think of any reasonable
> alternative to your solution. We could presumably write \space at the end
> of the previous line, but I think that would be harder to implement. The
> lyx2lyx part would actually be quite simple. The changes to the parser, and
> to the write routines, would be more involved.
>
> Riki

I disagree, for a cheap and dirty solution, we can (ab)use \SpecialChar. :-D

The idea came from the first paragraph in the body of the User's Guide:

\begin_layout Title
The \SpecialChar LyX
 User's Guide
\end_layout

If we used "\SpecialChar space"
every time that a space shows at the end of line we would be ready.

The question is, of course, if this is worth the trouble. :-)

--
José Abílio