On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 10-Apr-2001 John Levon wrote:
>
> > But I know, you are right (that's why I spent forever tring to find broken
> > assembly). Unfortunately I cannot seem to compile LyX with gcc 3.0. The
> > string stuff is multiply-defined at link time. config.h looks sensible and seems
> > to be included in the files it is complaining about.
>
> Do you use LyXString Class or the stringclass provided by the STL?

Well obviously since gcc 3.0 string is good, I let configure discover this and use
std::string from gcc ! When that didn't work I tried --with-included-string, which
also broke :/

I'm really confused by this. Maybe this is wrong :

export CC=/usr/gcc3.0/bin/gcc
export CXX=/usr/gcc3.0/bin/g++
./configure
make

I verified lyxstring.h never got included btw !

> > we can easily work round the tabular optimisation problem, it will also slightly
> > speed up tabular stuff ;)
>
> ???

currently on Clone(), (when it works properly) we are resetting each cell's InsetText
three times:
once in Init, where they are constructed, once in operator=, where they shouldbe/are
copied,
and then again in Clone().

The second one causes the problem, so if we change the copy c-tor to not use operator=
itself,
then we can avoid the second part of this. A small optimisation of course ...

john

--
"I will be sad if I either look up or down after my death and don't see my son
fast asleep on the same benches on which I have slept."