Le 13/01/2021 à 02:27, José Abílio Matos a écrit :
The development version, unreleased version is 3.0.0.
As soon as the first test version is released it gets the 3.0.1, the next one
is 3.0.2 and so on.
When the release candidates stage is over and a stable version is released as
LyX 3.1.
If a micro release is required then it goes to 3.1.1.
The usual stable releases that we do will be 3.2, 3.3, 3.4...

In short this scheme is similar to the semver scheme with the exception that
releases where the second number is zero are reserved for development/
stabilizing versions.

What I like in this scheme is that there is no need to place other symbols in
releases to convey its meaning.

I do not really like this. I find it very useful to add weird character in a version string to indicate that the version is not a regular one.