Le 21/01/2021 à 14:02, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
My point is saving in the document. We need

\color background

in the LyX header in order to dynamically assign the correct color (and
yes we do that via getFromLyXName).

We cannot save the color code, as we need to save it as string (to
catch both hexnames and semantic names)

What I had in mind is that we save the name when there is one, and the hexcode when there is no name.

Example:
* code: Color_background, name: "background", rgb: "linen"
=> saved: "background"

* code: Color_mathbg, name: "mathbg", rgb: "@background"
=> saved: "mathbg"
[Bonus: this @background notation does not exist yet, but it would help us a lot to have such reference to colors]

* code: <dynamic>, name: "", rgb "#00aaff"
=> saved: "#00aaff"
[this what I would like.]

In this last case, the color definition (#rgb, linen, @othercolor, whatever) would be saved at the place in the LyX file where the relevant color is needed, but no name would need to be saved, obviously.

My take is that the name is only needed for the colors of GUI elements that can be set in the color preferences.

It seems to me that there are things that one of us (or both) does not understand in the other's line of thought.