Problems with FindAdv and search with not ignored format

What we have now is something 'neither fish nor fowl'.

For instance for the search of characters with a specific size
we use strings/regexes wrapped with the size-spec. All is nice, until the size
is the
default in the document. In that case the wrapping has no effect (because the
text
created by latex output does not contain this info)

Same is valid for language, color, family, series, shape, etc.
Also we don't have the options to exclude characters with specific features
from search.
(like search for words which are not part of a Latin sequence)

I am not sure, if investing more into this (without creating a nex export-type
for search
(ala Docbook)) would get better sollutions.

Comment are appreciated.

        Kornel