On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 04:51:12AM +0100, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:

> While working on the ePub output, I ran through many Python scripts. I
> corrected a few bgs and a lot of formatting, plus one feature (find Java in
> the Windows registry in configure.py), here are the patches. May I push
> them on the master branch?

As regarda java, I have it installed but it is not found. I don't have the
registry keys that are searched for. A key containing a usable path is
\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\4EA42A62D9304AC4784BF2238120180F\ProductIcon
and the fact that it *should* be something related to java is the fact that
\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\4EA42A62D9304AC4784BF2238120180F\ProductName
contains "Java 8 Update 281".

However, the java installer updates the PATH env var, so that I can
simply access the java executables from any command line.

I discourage using ad hoc techniques that only work on some configurations.

--
Enrico