On 2/11/21 4:04 PM, José Abílio Matos wrote:
On Thursday, February 11, 2021 7:53:36 PM WET Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
I would guess it is os::find_python_binary. But it has not been touched in a
long time.

It's highly likely that it does. On Windows, the first thing this function
checks is `py -3`, but I haven't seen any py binary in a long time
(although I've been using the Anaconda Python distribution for quite some
time).
Since we require python to run maybe it would make sense to add the
information that comes from os::find_python to "Help -> About LyX".

What do you think? (this is meant to every one not just Thibaut) :-)

PS For now, I think enabling debug info for 'file' will show what Python is being called.

Riki