> By the way, when you are already digging into the internal workings of
> preview loader, would it be hard to allow mutliple threads loading
> graphics images in backgrounds instead of single one?
> Documents with lot of figures take a long time to load fully and most
> of nowadays machines have multiples cores, to do that job in parallel.
> > Pavel

Yes, this should be really useful. I'll check it.

BTW did get to it? Pavel

Pavel, I didn't forget about this and have some progress in this direction. It is in my lyx-todo list just after completing with 2 branches in features repository. Since it was announced that only bug-fixing patches are allowed in master branch, I paused all development/refactoring/cleanup activities till the release of version 2.4.0.

Yuriy