On 5/5/21 16:57, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
I'm trying to answer a question here:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/595781/enumerate-numbering-without-enumitem-package/595813#595813

I just realized that one cannot insert a counter inside the List
Preamble. To work around that, I had to first create the counter, and
then select it, and then go to Insert > List Preamble.

Should it be possible to insert the counter?

Scott

I think for numbered elements (rather than direct references to counters) a better solution (ui wise) is something like this: https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12010.

However, a proper patch seemed to be a bit above my abilities. In my attempt, I used the enumitem package but given its incompatibility with some classes a better approach might be to directly set the counter via the list preamble as you proposed. I'll link to this discussion from the report.
--
Daniel