Le 30 mai 2021 19:20:39 Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> a écrit :

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 03:30:31PM +0200, Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
Le 28/05/2021 à 14:24, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 08:51:08AM +0200, Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
> > Le 28/05/2021 à 02:14, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> > > The following ctests for the French User Guide on current master are failing for me:
> > >
> > >     export/doc/fr/UserGuide_lyx22 (Failed)
> > >     export/doc/fr/UserGuide_lyx23 (Failed)
> > >     export/doc/fr/UserGuide_dvi (Failed)
> > >     export/doc/fr/UserGuide_dvi3_texF (Failed)
> > >     export/doc/fr/UserGuide_pdf (Failed)
> > >     DEFAULTOUTPUT_export/doc/fr/UserGuide_pdf2 (Failed)
> > >     export/doc/fr/UserGuide_pdf3 (Failed)
> > >     export/doc/fr/UserGuide_pdf5_texF (Failed)
> >
> > Should be fixed now.
>
> Works well. Thanks for the quick fix, Jean-Pierre!

The error that made the tests fail is quite peculiar. I copied the new
escape sequences at the end of section 6.8.1 from the English UserGuide
without marking it as French, and I got this error:

! Paragraph ended before \bbl@foreign@x was complete.

When I look at the code, I do not see any missing parenthesis.

eux\foreignlanguage{english}{.\nomenclature{%@, %|, %!, %"}{The quote sign
in TeX code is output by writing ' %"{}%"{} '.}}

The error disappears when I mark the index entry as French, and the new code is:

.\nomenclature{%@, %|, %!, %"}{The quote sign in TeX code is output by
writing ' %"{}%"{} '.}

Could this be a hidden bug affecting language embedding of index entries?
I'll try to build a MWE.

Thanks for looking into it. I do not know LaTeX well, but I agree with
you that I do not see any missing parenthesis. I wonder if this could be
a bug in a LaTeX package (either nomenclature or the language handling).

Thé problem comes from the % signs in the arguments of the nomenclature command, seems that they are not escaped in the range of the \foreignlanguage command.
The LaTeX snippet works fine or I replace foreignlanguage by selectlanguage.
How does LyX To decide between these two forms of language switching?

--
Jean-Pierre