Hi,

This is how I compile LyX whenever the repository is updated. I am running
macOS 12.0 Beta (21A5552a).

1. Install the required dependencies with homebrew (https://brew.sh):

brew install automake gettext pkg-config qt

2. Clone the LyX rep:

git clone git://git.lyx.org/lyx LyX

3. Go to the LyX folder, which was created with the previous command and run
autogen.sh:

./autogen.sh

4. Run configure:

./configure \
--with-version-suffix=-2.4 \
--prefix=/Users/chris/Desktop/LyX.app \
--with-x=no \
--disable-stdlib-debug \
--with-included-hunspell \
--with-libiconv-prefix=/usr \
--enable-qt6 \
--with-qt-dir=/opt/homebrew/opt/qt

Change --prefix= to the folder where you want the application to be built.

5. Build the application:

git pull && make -j8 && make install-strip

After the application is created successfully for the first time, you only need
to run the last line again when the remote repository is updated.

That's all! Hope this helps!

Best,
Chris