Le 02/11/2021 à 14:45, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
Am Dienstag, dem 02.11.2021 um 14:08 +0100 schrieb Jean-Marc
Lasgouttes:
I do not see the needed for treating the screen differently from the
lyx file.

My point was to differentiate inheritance of font properties on screen
from inheritance in the TeX output (nothing to do with the LyX file).
Some contexts (footnote is a case in point) require us to use different
font on screen but not change the font in output (as this is done by
the contexts themselves). So footnote should inheritFont() but not
inheritScreenFont(). This is not possible with the current mechanism
(and it only worked since font metrics were hardcoded in InsetFootlike
before you removed that hardcoding).

Why do you want to inherit anything for the footnote? OK, it turns out that using \normalfont (as \footnotetext does) resets everything but the font size (I believe), but footnote does reset the font completely. And I think that it makes sense that it does that. So the font at the point where the footnote is is not relevant semantically.

Since we have had this discussion already, so I guess the point is that you disagree with me. Otherwise, I think I know how we could coerce lyx2lyx to convert from resetfont to inheritfont.