May I also recommend that the project register a domain name with the
OpenNIC project. OpenNIC is an alternative DNS root server. They operate a
.oss TLD for open source software projects. Registration is free.
The webmaster (or someone) just needs to join OpenNIC (a simple matter of
filling out a form) and email the .oss maintainer.

Next thing we know, all OpenNIC users will be able to resolve lyx.oss!

More information on OpenNIC can be found at their web site.

http://www.opennic.unrated.net

Just a suggestion.

Matt

E is for Emily, whom snakes sprayed with venom
F is for Fiona, who prayed in Gehennom...
   -- in rec.games.roguelike.nethack