Le 23/12/2021 à 19:54, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 03:25:47PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
I would be grateful of a KDE/X11 user could try to install a translucid
windows theme like Layan and check
1/ that it creates display issues
2/ that the new checkbox in Preferences|Display fixes it (at the cost of
losing subpixel aliasing).

I don't have KDE but I have X11 WM with transparent theme, what exactly should
I do?
Pavel

Normally, if the theme is transparent, the workarea should blink.

However, looking at the latest information on the bug report
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12119
it seems that the issue may be limited to the window manager Sway. If this is the case, I'd propose to remove the GUI for the lyxrc entry and just leave the variable for manual tweaking.

Or I could change the tooltip to say: "select this if the display blinks. Note that performance may suffer and that subpixel aliasing will be disabled."

But I would not want people to select this when they do not need to.