On 01-Jan-22 11:02 PM, Joel Kulesza wrote:

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 12:54 PM Baris Erkus <bariser...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    On 01-Jan-22 8:24 PM, Joel Kulesza wrote:

        <http://git.lyx.org/lyx.git>

        >> The error is
        >>
        >> fatal: repository 'https://git.lyx.org/lyx.git/' not found
        >>
        >> For now, I have cloned the unofficial git repo from github
        and was able
        >> to compile the program.
        >>
        >> I have Windows 10 and Git 2.34.1 both x64
        >>
        > Better
        > git clone git://git.lyx.org/lyx <http://git.lyx.org/lyx>
        >
        > ?
        >
        >       Kornel

        Both commands did not work. :(

    I've had issues cloning from git.lyx.org <http://git.lyx.org>, so
    I setup a mirror at https://gitlab.com/jkulesza/lyx (git clone
    https://gitlab.com/jkulesza/lyx.git).

    I have cloned the source from another mirror on Github, and was
    able to compile it, so it is OK for now.

    I just wanted to use the original git repo. The git error is below:

    fatal: repository 'https://git.lyx.org/lyx.git/' not found

    I am sure it is trivial but could not catch it.

What happens if the trailing slash is removed?

- Joel

Does not work. I have tried this. Also tried removing the trailing lyx or lyx.git completely.

The git error tells me that git is converting the "git://" protocol to "http://"; protocol. The addresses "https://git.lyx.org/lyx.git/"; and "https://git.lyx.org/lyx/"; whether with trailing slash or not, do not work on my web browser, so they are indeed inaccessible.

Maybe something related to git and the address being anonymous....