On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 08:48:09PM +0000, José Abílio Matos wrote:

> On Sunday, 2 January 2022 21.36.22 WET Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> > OK, let me cc José on that.
> >
> > Riki
>
> I have a patch that it is mostly complete but I have one doubt.
> In src/support/ForkedCalls.cpp there is a comment that says:
>
> // Make sure that a V2 python is run, if available
>
> Does anyone remembers what does this means?

If i remember correctly, if the command starts with "python -tt" then we
could be sure it was a command defined by us and we replaced that with
os::python(). The last was for sure invoking a Python 2, while the bare
python command could possibly invoke a Python 3. This was when we still did
not support Python 3 and wanted to avoid substituting a user command
with our invocation. All of this is now obsolete, I think.

--
Enrico