Le 01/02/2022 à 15:27, José Abílio Matos a écrit :
I was surprised by it. I was expecting for Tab to have a local scope. It was
surprising to me that it affected all the sections at the same level below
that paragraph. I was expecting a behavior similar to what it happens for
lists and enumerations.

Note that shift-tab for depth does not always have a local scope either, since it may change the depth of nested sub elements.

The current behavior is also surprising in the sense that, at least in the
examples I tested, Shift-Tab works by promoting a (sub*)section but Tab does
not demotes it (at least here it is consistent with listing and enumerations).

Also as it is if we have:

1. A
2. B
2.1 C
2.2 D

And press Shift-Tab in 2. we get:

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D

My expectation was for this to become a no-op since it is not possible to
promote 2. B anymore.

Is this the feedback you are expecting?

This is interesting in terms of brokenness of outline-* functions. This would an argument for exposing them separately (they do have their own shortcuts) and merging this with depth stuff yet.