Hello folks,

I'm Igor, I work on the Snapcraft team in Canonical.

I wanted to ask you if you'd be interested in packaging LyX as a snap and
publishing it in the Snap Store?

On a personal note, I've been a super-long-time user of LyX, and have been
written and published two books with it, and wrote a whole bunch of guides
on tips and tricks for it. Definitely one of my favorite piece of software
out there. I presume you will be able to find and correlate this if you
need it :)

The advantage of the snap packaging is that people could then run the
latest version of LyX even on distros that don't ship any associated libs
and packages in their archives (like say CentOS without EPEL), and snaps
are supported on 40+ distros, and used by a large audience (millions).

I know this would be a significant effort, but we could help of course, and
also feature LyX once it's ready. Regardless, this would be an amazing
thing.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Igor