Il 23/03/22 19:03, Thibaut Cuvelier ha scritto:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 at 18:43, Lorenzo Bertini <lorenzobertin...@gmail.com <mailto:lorenzobertin...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Running a very simple LyXHTML doc (a section with a few paragraphs)
    against this validator https://validator.w3.org/check
    <https://validator.w3.org/check> reports some
    errors, I don't really know if we care or not:

    1. value of attribute "dir" cannot be "auto"; must be one of "ltr",
    "rtl"
    2. element "section" undefined

    Is this a problem? I just wanted to check if I could use the <figure>
    tag but its not part of the specification.

What version of HTML are you checking against? There are some glimpses of HTML5 in the current output. For instance, dir="auto" and section are perfectly legal in HTML5 (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Global_attributes/dir <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Global_attributes/dir> and https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/section <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/section>)

I checked XHTML 1.0, as it should be what LyX outputs. I was about to check up some of the xhtml_output code to maybe add `figure` environments, but since its XHTML there's very little allowed.