On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 at 13:29, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, dem 19.04.2022 um 13:21 +0200 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> > This adds native macros for subindexes (!level), |see and |seealso
>
> and sort keys (sort@key), for that matter.

Code-wise, the design looks really clean! The DocBook code would have been
extremely clean if only this version had to be supported.

I have made a first iteration for the DocBook changes. It's only conceptual
for now, it's not really tested, but I'd still like a second opinion on the
new methods I implement to get parts of an inset: would it make sense to
write, e.g., getSortkey based on getSortkeyAsText, something like *os <<
getSortkeyAsText*?
Also, I'm assuming that the user either uses the new insets or the old,
pure LaTeX way of doing index, not a mix of both. Does this make sense?

(I will have a look at XHTML afterwards, as I don't really know that code
and it must perform a lot of work for rendering…)