Il 01/01/22 19:01, Lorenzo Bertini ha scritto:
Il 01/01/22 17:54, Lorenzo Bertini ha scritto:
Dear list,

I found a bug and needed to bisect, so i moved back HEAD to an old commit, then configured and built. I went back to master and can't build anymore because its missing `nod.hpp` file; no git command seems to restore this file (git reset --hard, creating a new master branch tracking origin/master, etc).

I would like not to clone again as its very slow, but all I find on the internet are commands I already tried. What should i do?

Thank you in advance,

Lorenzo (lynx)

Update: file was never gone, just in its folder "3rdparty". Compilation now works after countless attemps, and I didn't really change anything :).

Problem is here again after another attempted bisect, failure, and restoring to master, same as last time:

In file included from ./../support/ForkedCalls.h:17,
                 from ForkedCalls.cpp:15:
./../support/signals.h:15:10: fatal error: nod.hpp:

File "nod.hpp" exists in "3rdparty/nod".

On a side note, I can't build anything from the old builds. Configure in 2.3.6.2 reported that it couldn't build a qt executable, so i had to add "--enable-qt5", but then it said there was an undefined reference to "boost basic_regex" (but I have boost libraries installed and working). At that point I went back to master, cleaned and configured again, and now for some reason it needs "--enable-qt5" whereas before it didn't on master.

Not being able to build older versions really hurts because i can't bisect. Can someone help me out? I'm on debian 11 stable. I can build master just fine.

Thanks,

Lorenzo