On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 12:22 AM Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de> wrote:

> https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/FeaturePoll2#toc5
>
> Asks for:
>
> "Provide an option to save LyX files such that there is no unnecessary
> word wrapping of content text. [...]"
>
> Isn't that already implemented by setting "Output line length" to 0 (in
> Preferences > Output > General)?
>
> Probably the meaning of the 0 value could be more explicit, as has been
> recently done for the cursor width spin box:
>
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/attachment/ticket/12515/0001-Use-Auto-value-on-cursor-width-spinbox.patch
> .
>
> Daniel

Along these lines, one point of frustration that I and my colleagues run
into is resolving git conflicts in LyX files.  I wonder whether output line
wrapping logic can be made available that permits an improved experience in
this regard (which, based on the Python `black` utility, may demand more
line breaks rather than fewer).  I look forward to any thoughts and/or
discussion on this point.

Thank you,
Joel