Le 10/07/2022 à 18:38, Kornel Benko a écrit :
I don't get it.
1.) I like the rim(), was about to use it too ... but was unsure if sometimes
     one needs spaces at end.

In this case, I can remove it from both cases. It is not right to maintain two lists and have one which is different from the other for no reason. We can do what you prefer, but in sync.

2.) If I understand correctly, the your patch only omits repetition of the last
command.
     But in the history there may be more of them

I am uneasy with the idea of removing stuff in the whole history because it was used again. Maybe just because I am use dthe the 'ignoredups' history control of bash, instead of 'erasedups'.

Moreover, the justification in your first message was only for the last command, not for the older ones. But I am open for arguments on when it is useful.