Le 30/08/2022 à 12:02, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
The bottlenecks I typically experience are of two kinds:
1) pictures conversion (having parallel code would be great even for document
load when ton of pics gets converted!)

Yes, the speed of this is questionable right now.

2) final pdflatex compilation

The latex generation part is just neligible.

If it is not, it should be profiled before trying to fix something that has not been measured.

Point 1 seems to be a good candidate for paralelization. External calls (like
knitr) might be as well in case, again, its evaluation can't be dependent on
the previous insets. But in this case I am almost sure some previous knitr
inset might produce something needed for the subsequent ones ...

Concerning knitr, we pass everything in one big file, and indeed, this is usually highly sequential.