On Tue, Dec 06, 2022 at 12:46:03AM -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 11:44:38PM -0500, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

> > > The following will do it (adapt the 8 threads to whatever is good for
> > > your computer):
> > >
> > >    cmake -DLYX_ENABLE_EXPORT_TESTS=on . && make -j8 && ctest -R "lyx23"
> > > --timeout 90 -j2
> > >
> > > If it doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll have time on Friday to
> > > take a look.
> >
> > OK, so I see the failing tests. Is there output I can see to find out what's
> > going wrong?
>
> You can look at Testing/TemporaryLastTest.log, but usually I just
> reproduce the test manually.
>
> Another thing is that you might not have all dependencies (e.g., CTAN
> packages, fonts, etc.) for the tests to pass, so you don't know what's
> broken and what's not unless you keep a "baseline" reference.
>
> We have documentation in Development.lyx, but I don't know if it's
> helpful to you.
>
> Scott

A lot of "check_load" tests are failing now. These tests correspond to
just opening a document and checking whether there is terminal output.

They can be run with the following command:

  ctest -R "check_load"

Usually I just open them manually and check. For example, the following test is
failing:

  check_load/doc/Additional

If I just open Additional.lyx manually, I see many of these messages:

  lyx2lyx warning:
  lyx2lyx warning: Malformed LyX document: noprefix line not found where it
should be.

Scott