On Tue, 2022-12-06 at 22:25 -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> Not sure if any better, but perhaps an alternative: could lyx2lyx
> just
> copy the module into the local layout? That is, the module could be
> hidden somewhere accessible to lyx2lyx and if it sees the .lyx file
> load
> the module it can just copy it into the local layout.
>
> Scott

That can be done.
But notice that before doing that we need to develop a better handling
of layout and module files inside lyx2lyx.

I am thinking particularly about the support for user directories,
after all if the use has a layout in his personal directories that
overrides the system version.
At the same time we have to support the inclusion of other layouts and
styles from other files.

This is not difficult but it is a laborious task and it also has other
potential benefits like seeing the complete version of a layout file.
The analogue of this is "g++ -E file.cpp" that stops after the
preprocessor has done its job.

So this can be done but not for 2.4. :-(
--
José Abílio