Am Donnerstag, dem 22.12.2022 um 18:49 +0000 schrieb Udicoudco:
> It seems that I can not pass the options i want to babel from
> the document class declaration, if you will try to move all
> the babel option to the document class declaration
> in the newfile1.tex you will see the problem.

If you set "Always babel" you can use in preamble

\PassOptionsToPackage{bidi=basic,layout=tabular,provide=*}{babel}

As babel is loaded after the user preamble, the babel-specific commands
need to be set as

\AddToHook{package/babel/after}{
\babelfont[hebrew]{rm}{David CLM}
\babelfont[english]{rm}{Latin Modern Roman}
}

See attached modified file.

> Also LyX still adds the \R and \L macros with
> this configuration, even though they are not
> defined.

Yes, this looks like a bug. I have pushed a fix to master. If you could
test that, this would be great.

>  Unrelated to my specific problem,
>  I think it would make more sense to prevent LyX from
> wrapping things with \R, \L and similar macros
> when you prevent LyX from adding a language package automatically,
>  as this will make this option unusable sometimes.
> I could write in my preamble "\let\R\relax"
> to prevent the error

Probably, and we have a similar report concerning \inputencoding with
no inputenc package. But then, OTOH, some people might have used this
setting for the case babel or inputenc are loaded in the class. These
documents would break, so we cannot change that without accounting for
backwards compatibility.

> Another issue with using LyX and LuaTeX with RTL language
>  is identical to  this ticket I mentioned previously.
> The file RTL_tabular_lua2.lyx demonstrates that.

I see, so babel with bidi reverses table columns, but only if the
layout=table option is used? This needs some more thoughts to be
implemented properly.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen