On 3/30/23 16:24, Christopher Menzel wrote:
Gentle LyX folk:

I use the Emacs UI for LyX, which means the Option key (or Alt key, for PC
users) gets a good workout — e.g., Opt-D deletes word-forward, Opt-F moves the
cursor forward by word, etc. (In the standard LyX UI, those keys bring up the
File and Document menus, respectively, so I disable that behavior with a custom
stdmenus.inc file.) My issue is this. If I just depress the Option key and
release it without having hit another key, it steals the cursor — it’s
apparently waiting for an F or a D or one of the other keys (which I’ve
deactivated) that bring up a menu — and I have to depress the Option key and
let it up again to get the cursor back. This is a bit irritating: I often find
myself depressing the Option key absent-mindedly when I’m thinking and it’s
annoying to start typing and have nothing happen. Thus my question: Is there a
way to prevent this, so that depressing/releasing the Option key simply has no
effect on the cursor? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris Menzel

What OS are you using? I don't experience this on Linux Mint.

Paul