On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 09:26:09PM +0200, Daniel wrote:
> On 2023-06-11 19:04, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> >I'm intending to build 2.4-beta3 (I guess) early this week (other
> >obligations having been met, at last), unless there are objections. Any?
> >Hopefully, we can move to RC1 soon after that.
>
> I don't know how it works here but there are still tickets with milestone
> 2.4.0:
>
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome#Unresolvedbugstargetedtonextmajorrelease2.4
>
> Some with patches:
>
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&description=~&reporter=~&summary=~&milestone=2.4.0&keywords=~patch&col=id&col=summary&col=reporter&col=status&col=type&col=severity&col=keywords&desc=1&order=id
>
> I guess they should be considered (applied or re-targeted) before moving on.

I agree we should review the patch bugs. I tried to review some portion of them
with
with a more agressive stance toward milestoning given how close we are to the
release.

I expect(?) Riki will call for freeze of localization strings and documentation
after
beta3 is out - so translators can do their job for RC1.

For that we should identify the enhacenment we *really* want to have in 2.4
and those for which the 2.4 milestone should be dropped pretty soon.

Pavel