On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 08:59:13PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 17/07/2023 à 20:56, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
I expect it to work with Qt5, at least. But why should we do that?
Remember: don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Because the rest is a mess and we have now 3 different paths to do the same thing. Are there known cases where qmake is not enough for our needs?

Take into account that modules differ from a Qt version to another, so we would still need 3 different paths. Moreover, I think that the Qt4 version would need a different approach, even if the info can be obtained by qmake. I recall that André even put up a build system based on qmake ;)

--
Enrico