On Thu, 2023-06-22 at 11:27 -0400, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> I have gotten access to the ftp site again, so beta 3 has been
> uploaded
> there:
>
> http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/
>
> Please prepare binaries for release next week.
>
> Riki

Coming late to the party...

A single request, please keep the name consistent between pre-releases.
:-)

The issue I have is with the *devel* suffix that you added this time:

lyx-2.4.0-beta3-devel.tar.xz

In order to test the pre-releases what I do is to rename the package as
lyx-devel. This allows me to have parallel-installable packages: lyx
and lyx-devel.

FWIW the spec that have used is here:
https://jamatos.fedorapeople.org/lyx-devel.spec

The source rpm can be found at the same place.

I have changed the minimum possible so that, for example, the icon is
the same, changed the appdata and so on...

Best regards,
--
José Abílio