On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 1:50 AM José Matos <jaoma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2023-10-10 at 23:58 +0200, Dan wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I stumbled upon a problem compiling with pdflatex the "Europe CV"
> > example. I get the following error, in both languages available:
> > Spanish and English.
> > Can someone try and reproduce the problem so that I know whether it
> > is specific to me or the document itself? Thanks.
> >
> > PROBLEM
> > ---------------
> >   1. File > Open Examples... > Europe CV.
> >   2. Generate the preview of the document.
> >   3. Check whether the following error arises.

See https://github.com/gsilano/EuropeCV/pull/30

Since LyX does not load inputenc with utf8x in this document,
maybe you just don't have the latest version of europecv?

> I get this error repeated several times:
>
> ! LaTeX hooks Error: Sorting rule for 'begindocument' hook applied too
> late.

I'm not sure why the maintainer was reluctant to load hyperref earlier
(with \AddToHook{begindocument/before} rather than \AddToHook{begindocument}),
as it is clearly a problem, see
https://github.com/latex3/hyperref/issues/242 and
https://github.com/gsilano/EuropeCV/pull/33 .

Adding to the preamble \AddToHook{begindocument/before}{\usepackage{hyperref}}
should fix this error (maybe LyX should add that...).

Best regards,
Udi