None of these tests give me any error messages. However, when I test it with
the absolute path, the output I get is different. I ran it on a two-page PDF
and with relative paths the resulting PDF is a single page with both pages side
by side, in a file called ORIGINALFILENAME-sidebyside.pdf. However, when I run
it with an absolute path, I get a PDF (in the same filename) with only the text
"width=!,height=!,pages=-,nup=2x1"

Alex