LyX has the peculiarity of treating the (de)activating of change tracking as something that is recorded on the undo stack.

One of the problems I ran into with this is that it unexpectedly killed the redo function when I activated change tracking, i.e. I undid some changes and activated the change tracking in between and this changed what could be redone.

The only other app I know of that does this is Apple Pages. But I am not sure whether Apple's change tracking should be taken as a thought through feature, e.g. it is impossible to de-activate change tracking without accepting all changes. Go figure!

Daniel