On 29/03/2024 11:31, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 28/03/2024 à 23:04, pdv a écrit :
I submitted the following bug report

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-123848

pdv

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for doing that!
Frankly I don't use shortcuts very often and I never use asian languages, but I cannot resist a challenge. Therefore I gave it a try and came to the conclusion that there is no easy way out.

An alternative idea I had was be to install a
global event filter at GuiApplication level that would detect and handle shortcut. Does this seem possible to you? And if yes, does this seem like a good idea or a kludge?

I have indeed only looked to the key handling at the Widget level.
Is there a possibility to receive all key events at the application level? If yes then maybe your proposal might work.
But shouldn't key handling be done preferentially by the widget involved?

With the qt5 behavior lyx could handle all situations correctly and AquaSKK should have done something similar.

We'll see what the qt-developers think about it. They may have had other reasons for switching the behavior.

pdv