On Fri, 2024-05-31 at 12:54 -0400, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> One question I had, though, was whether the formatted string changes
> in the lyx2lyx code are necessary. Or whether they're safe enough
> that I shouldn't worry.

Those changes have been done automatically through pyupgrade:
https://github.com/asottile/pyupgrade

I have used the --py38-plus option.

> I'm especially thinking of older files (say, lyx_1_5.py) that will
> not get much testing. It'd be bad to break one of those.

I agree that this could be a problem so I ran all the changes comparing
the conversions from previous user guides.

At the same time I reviewed every change to ensure that the changes do
what they do.

--
José Abílio