On 6/3/24 15:55, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
A user reported that many of his custom shortcuts were not working. These used Alt-1, etc, as a prefix (e.g., Alt-1 M). Because 2.4 now binds Alt-NUM to "Save bookmark NUM", that is not a surprise. What is a surprise is that it does not seem possible to unbind this. Even if I unbind Alt-9, say, it still saves bookmark 9.

Using -dbg kbmap does not give any useful information. Unbinding does not seem to generate any messages.

The problem seems to be that the binding is declared as:

M-~S-9

rather than:

M-9

If I change it to the latter, then I can unbind it. So the unbinding routine is failing to deal with the 'ignore' case. I.e., M-9 does not match M-~S-9, so it thinks there's nothing to unbind. And it shows as just M-9 in Tools> Preferences, and that's what it writes to the user.bind file.

It seems to me we should just go ahead and unbind in that case, whether the 'ignore' part matches or not. Thoughts?

Riki