On Mon, Jun 03, 2024 at 12:07:45PM +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:
On Mon, Jun 03, 2024 at 12:02:03AM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> This could go either to our wiki (with deps and packages into
wiki-uploads.git)
> or it could go into https://www.lyx.org/misc/archaeology/
> (www-user.git:/misc/archaeology/), up to you.

Please, explain how to do that. I remember there were issues with uploads to
the wiki and it's been a long time since I last tried it.

I think it's better to use our wiki than web page. If you agree you just
git clone g...@git.lyx.org:wiki-uploads.git
(~1GB size).
You should have write access to that repository, so create new
directoy e.g. Releases, and the deb packages there.
Let me know if there is any issue with uploading...

After commiting you should be able to link in wiki to these files via
[[ file -> uploads:/Releases/....  ]]
(or plain https://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/...)

I'll help to integrate the page with the rest of wiki, once the content is
there...

I uploaded all necessary packages for building old version of lyx into wiki-uploads and created the page https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Flashback with instructions for building. I also uploaded already built packages for those only interested in running a certain version.

Although I think I uploaded all necessary package dependencies that are not avilable anymore on official channels, I may have missed something.
If so, please ler me know and I'll provide whatever is missing.

Perhaps you might also want to improve on the (very brief) instructions on the wiki page for making them more suitable for the less experts in building debian packages. If so, please, be my guest and do it ;)

--
Enrico