On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 01:11:23PM +0300, Udicoudco wrote:
> Does this matter? i.e. do we hold strongly
> backwards compatibility of the output of change track?

Generally we do in between minor version. Here I am ambivalent. I think users
should feel confident between switching 2.4.x minor versions while their output
remain the same. At the same time this fixes bug and it's early in the 2.4
cycle.

That's why I am asking how bad things can get with this change.

Pavel

PS: submitting revised manuscript with change tracking on was part of
revision process in the last journal I interacted with. Obviously
depending whether your last export was in different minor version of
lyx might backfire, esp. if changes are more than cosmetic.