Le 22/07/2024 à 22:40, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
I don't understand the need for the two changes above. Note that on systems where sizeof(wchar_t) == 2, lyx::char_type is defined as a 32- bit value. So, with the above changes, char_ will be output as a number rather than a character.

What are typically those systems? I can introduce a MathML::put(c) method. It is important that everything goes through MathML so that we can add out hooks here. Direct access to underlying stream is not good.

Currently (not my doing), MathStream has the operators
MathMLStream & operator<<(MathMLStream &, char);
MathMLStream & operator<<(MathMLStream &, char_type);

Do you mean that these two should go and be replaced by put() methods? What is the portable solution?