Le 25/07/2024 à 18:42, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 10:00:46PM GMT, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 22/07/2024 à 21:49, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
On Sat, Jul 20, 2024 at 09:22:02PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
So, especially if you have a slow-ish computer, please test.

I tested on two archaic laptops and do not see any visible difference
in speed. But the version with your patch is aesthetically way better.

Thanks for testing. The speed is supposed to be the same indeed, but there
are more smaller scroll events. I will push this version and we'll see
whether we want to tweak it.

I am glad the performance is good enough in any case.

We could perhaps make the selection down little bit faster in full-screen mode,
but that's irrelevant wrt your patch.

Indeed in full screen the mouse cannot be below the window. I do not know
how to handle that.

To me it seems that scrolling down (if I hold and drag the mouse) is
much slower than if I scroll up. Does anyone else see this?

It depends on how far your mouse is from the workarea (not the window).