|"http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=libstdc%2B%2B2.10-glibc2.2&archive=no";

| BTW, the exact problem is in the line 'ostr << ifs.rdbuf();' in lyx::sum in
| support/lyxsum.C

mmm... and this is supposed to be the fastest way of copying
from one stream to another.

So if this one is slow... my guess is that the ostringstream in
question reads char by char and do not resize the buffer exponetially,
So that the reallocations takes _long_ time.

--
        Lgb