On Sat, Jun 20, 2026 at 11:08:27AM +0200, Didier via lyx-devel wrote:
> Dear Lyx Team, 
> I'm working on Windows 10 and Lyx 2.5.1. My MikTeX is up to date. 
> 
> I've discovered that I can no longer insert references including the page 
> number, like `<reference>page <page>`. A simple cross-reference with just 
> `<reference>` works… 
> In the document settings, I have "Refstyle and varioref" enabled. 
> 
> 
> Here's a copy of the error: 
> ------------------------------------- 
> TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=10000]. 
> 
> 
> \extrasenglish ->\extrasenglish \def \reftextfaceafter {on the 
> \reftextvario... 
> 
> 
> If you really absolutely need more capacity, 
> you can ask a wizard to enlarge me. 
> 
> 
> (Nota : la commande incorrecte est dans le préambule) 
> ------------------------------------ 
> 
> I've also attached a Lyx file and the log. 
> 
> 
> Do you have any idea what the problem is? 
> 
> 
> ps: 
> I'd like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to you all 
> for the fantastic work you have done and continue to do!

Hi Didier,

I can reproduce your error on current TeX Live 2026.

With an older TeX Live, I can't reproduce your error. Your document
still doesn't compile for me because of your preamble code (e.g., the
color).

Thus, I think it is a regression in LaTeX or a LaTeX package.

I don't know much about LaTeX, but it may be this bug:

  https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/2112

Best,
Scott

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

-- 
lyx-devel mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.lyx.org/mailman/listinfo/lyx-devel

Reply via email to