On Thursday 31 May 2001 13:47,  Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Juergen Vigna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | On 31-May-2001 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> |
> | > This looks fine to me (except the horizontal offset which does not
> | > make a lot of sense).
> |
> | Why? I find it usefull that you can define a horizontal offset at which
> | the paragraph text starts (this was before in the Extra Options). What
> | is senseless in such a thing?
>
> But this is not really an offset is it? It is a larger left margin,
> right? (offset: move the whole par left/right without rebreak)

Ahhhh! That penny has dropped again. And can this be done for the right
margin also on a per-paragraph basis? Ie, the dialog should have:

---- Enlarge Margins ----------
Left    ______  Units
Right   ______  Units

where ______ is an input field and Units is a choice of em | cm | mm | etc

These values are then added to the Document wide ones "behind the scenes"
(Ie, the user knows nothing about how.

IMO, this is a much clearer GUI.

Angus