On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

>   Hi there,

Hi Peter!

> is there a specific reason that LyX inserts empty lines in some cases?
> The one that bites me most is the float figure environment, where the
[...]
> Is there a way to make LyX *not* insert those blank lines?  Or why are
> they there?

This looks similar to a small problem with '\n' output when trying to do
ERT \subtable in a float figure with minipages.  Anyway,  I know where it
needs to be fixed but I haven't had time to figure out the new code with
insets etc. to write the appropriate conditional.

If you're interested you can have a go at LyXParagraph::TeXOnePar()
at paragraph.C:1474

        default:
                // we don't need it for the last paragraph!!!
                // or for tables in floats
                //   -- effectively creates a \par where there isn't one which
                //      breaks a \subfigure or \subtable.
                if (next_) {
                        texrow.newline();
                }
        }

You might like to confirm this is the same '\n' that is causing you
trouble by doing '\n' => "%LineNumber\n" and checking the output.

One day I'll get back to this...

Allan. (ARRae)