Angus> I change the title of this mail as the proposed patch changes
Angus> the ButtonController and I think that Allan should be made
Angus> aware of it!

Angus> The problem lies (as ever) with the button controller.
Angus> Specifically, the state of all widgets in the list of read_only
Angus> widgets is refreshed every time we input anything. Clearly,
Angus> they should be refreshed only when the read-only status of the
Angus> document changes.

Angus> The patch attached implements this. This may cure a lot of our
Angus> problems with the ButtonController; let's hope so.

Angus> This is the clean solution IMO. I think that you should test it
Angus> out and, if it does as you originally desired, then it should
Angus> be applied to both head and 1.1.6.

I see I have not applied this yet. Should it be done?