> On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 07:33:43PM +0200, Herbert Voss wrote:
> > Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > >
> > > Lyx allows to insert margin notes in section headers. This results in
> > > uncompilable .tex files. An example is
> > >
> > > http://www.ra.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~rainer/Download/lyxbug.lyx
> >
> > use \protect in tex (red) before the margin-command. it's the same
> > situation as for footnotes, formulas, ... in headers.
>
> This is wrong if you have a table of contents, because in that case the
> margin note will also appear in the TOC !

Well, I do not really look for a solution for a marinal note in the section
header, but it happend accidentially to me.

>From my point of view, lyx should not allow to generate latex code, which does
not compile, as long as no plain latex was inserted. If it allows (at least
without warning), from my point of view, that should be considered as a bug.

For the marginal note, the ideal behaviour would be that lyx warns that a
marginal note in the section header appears also in the TOC (if present) and
if the writer accepts this, it should insert the protect itself.

Thanks.

Rainer.

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]