Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2001 10:56 schrieb Lars Gullik Bjønnes:
> What if I expect latex behaviour?

What is "latex behaviour"? That a footnote symbol is printed, but not
the footnote itself?
Imagine a user who wants to insert a footnote into a table. He expects
that it will be inserted as in normal text. I don't think the latex
behaviour makes any sense at all.
IMHO there are two options:
-forbid footnotes in tables. the latex gurus know how to insert a
footnote with ERT/666 and add the packages to the preamble.
- allow footnotes, but as *real* footnotes, not normal-latex-buggy
ones. This is what I would prefer from an ordinary user's view.

BTW: The latex gurus who might want this buggy latex footnote without
Dekel's preamble additions might use ERT/666 \footnote{blabla} inside
tables.

Jürgen.