On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 12:02:01PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Kayvan> This patch adds a "PassThru" boolean to layout, fixing my
> Kayvan> Literate scrap layout problem in a general way.
>
> Kayvan> The only thing I miss is the Evil Red Scraps now (they show up
> Kayvan> as typewriter, but not red).
>
> A few questions
>
> +2001-07-12  Kayvan A. Sylvan  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> +
> +     * paragraph_pimpl.C (simpleTeXBlanks): Simply return if pass_thru
> +     is set.
>
> Why don't you output a space i nthis case?

Because this causes the space (handled by the next case) to be output
twice.

> +     (simpleTeXSpecialChars): Simply print the input character without
> +     any special translation if pass_thru is set.
>
> And what about special characters like insets/newlines/hfill?

They seem to be handled correctly (or they just don't show up in Scrap
paragraphs).

> What about font changes?

They are nonsensical in scraps.

> +     * layout.h: Adde bool pass_thru to layout class for being able to
> +     implement pass through of a paragraph for Literate Programming.
> +
> +     * layout.C: add LT_PASS_THRU to LayoutTags enum.
> +     * layout.C (LyXLayout): set pass_thru to flase in constructor.
> +     * layout.C (Read): add "passthru" to list of layout tags and add
> +     code to set the pass_thru boolean when it is read.
>
> This part seems OK.
>
> I'll wait for Lars opinion before commiting this.

Okay.

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)