Lior> On 9 Jul 2001, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> [...]
Dekel> I'm not sure that this is a good idea when the -userdir flag is
Dekel> used. What if I just misspelled the userdir name ?
>>  Well, people using -userdir are supposed to know what they are
>> doing :) And all you have to do is "rm -r" the directory.
>>
>> The reason why I want to remove the popup is also that it is buggy:
>> with some window manager, it is not possible to have a modal dialog
>> without a main window, and the buttons cannot be clicked on.
>>
>> JMarc

Lior> When you misspell the -userdir parameter, the concern is that
Lior> you'll get the wrong configuration, and take a while to notice
Lior> it. Removing the directory is just an annoyance.

Lior> I think we need to silently create the directory, except in the
Lior> case of an explicit_userdir (change the logic in lyx_main.C so
Lior> only a -userdir flag counts as explicit, not the environment
Lior> variable). In the case the user asked for a nonexistent
Lior> directory, we can help him and make sure everything is OK.

I did that.